Re: MySQL Workbench Fork?

Did you try HeidiSQL?

https://www.heidisql.com/

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Maria-discuss [mailto:maria-discuss-bounces+sebastian.hempel=leutek.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Zach Lym
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 20. April 2017 21:12
An: maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [Maria-discuss] MySQL Workbench Fork?

I convinced my boss to use MariaDB for a new project but it appears that the workbench is incompatible with new features of MariaDB.  I've looked at the alternatives listed on the website, but they are all either proprietary or Windows only.  I just can't sell my boss on switching to MariaDB without workbench.

Free software isn't free, but I think Workbench is a big driver of commercial and enterprise use.  It's easy to kvetch from the outside, but I feel as though MariaDB has just lost some ground.

Has management considered forking Workbench?

Thank you,
-Zach Lym