Re: Are some MyISAM settings used for Aria

> On Apr 23, 2017, at 4:12 PM, jocelyn fournier <jocelyn.fournier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Steve,
>

> Le 23/04/2017 à 19:32, Sales a écrit :
>> On our system, Mariadb 10.1.22, with aria_used_for_temp_tables = ON, we have a set of MyISAM settings carried over from an earlier setup. Those settings are:
>>
>> key_buffer_size=256M
>> myisam_sort_buffer_size = 64M
>> join_buffer_size=512K
>> bulk_insert_buffer_size=512M
>> read_rnd_buffer_size = 1M
> read_rnd_buffer_size and join_buffer_size are not MyISAM specific settings, did you try to modify/not modify only those ones ?
>
> HTH,
>  Jocelyn

Really? So, the doc is wrong?

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/server-system-variables/#read_rnd_buffer_size <https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/server-system-variables/#read_rnd_buffer_size>

Says, MyISAM. So, are you saying that is mistaken? If so, that would make sense.

True about join_buffer_size, it was mistakingly added within a comment block noting the purpose, when, and MyISAM (false). Good catch. Thanks! That may well be the entire discrepancy.