 Oggetto: Re: [Maria-discuss] Are some MyISAM settings used for Aria
 A: "Sales" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Cc: "Maria Discuss" <maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Data: Lunedì 24 Aprile 2017, 09:16

 Hi Steve,

 Le 24
 avr. 2017 3:28 AM, "Sales" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 a écrit :

 On Apr 23,
 2017, at 4:12 PM, jocelyn fournier <jocelyn.fournier@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:
 Hi
 Steve,

 Le
 23/04/2017 à 19:32, Sales a écrit :
 On our system, Mariadb
 10.1.22, with aria_used_for_temp_tables = ON, we have a set
 of MyISAM settings carried over from an earlier setup. Those
 settings are:

 key_buffer_size=256M
 myisam_sort_buffer_size = 64M
 join_buffer_size=512K
 bulk_insert_buffer_size=512M
 read_rnd_buffer_size = 1M
 read_rnd_buffer_size and
 join_buffer_size are not MyISAM specific settings, did you
 try to modify/not modify only those ones ?

 HTH,

  Jocelyn

 Really? So, the doc is
 wrong?
 https://mariadb.com/kb/en/
 mariadb/server-system- variables/#read_rnd_buffer_
 size
 Says, MyISAM.
 So, are you saying that is mistaken? If so, that would make
 sense
 At least according to https://www.percona.com/blog/2007/07/24/what-exactly-is-read_rnd_buffer_size/
 it's not. BTW it has been updated in the
 mysql manual to mention it optimizes mrr for any engine
 :https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/server-system-variables.html#sysvar_read_rnd_buffer_size

 MariaDB
 KB would need an update as well.

 Jocelyn