Re: MySQL Workbench Fork?

In the 21st century GUI's for any software are the difference between amateur systems run by geeks and professional systems used by business.

Business in this century insists on Graphical User Interfaces for very many reasons and anyone who doesn't understand this is probably not in business.

I agree with Vladislav, HiediSQL is my GUI of choice when working with MariaDB.  Love it.

I use it for:-

                user and security management, creating and modifying db’s, tables, views, stored procedures, functions, triggers, connect tables, writing and developing queries and for many other purposes.

                I do however use a command line interface to do backups, restores and replication management but only because I like to.

And if you're worried about not knowing what the GUI is doing then you probably don't know what it is you want to do.

And yes Zach, I’m also surprised by the number of arguments some people are putting up against using a GUI. This is 2017 not 1977.

It makes the difference between successful marketable business software and geek only software.

P.S. I used a GUI to write this email and it's running on a GUI OS. (not a very good one allbeit; WIN7) Do you know anyone still running DOS or CPM or even linux or unix with no GUI as their OS? Maybe a few geeks.??? But I bet they have a linux based GUI OS on their mobile.

And believe me … I have nothing against geeks,     ……    I is one.

Bruce Carlson