Re: MariaDB new installation on Centos 6

Am 17.06.2017 um 16:56 schrieb romeo kalebic:
I'm new user of MariaDB, and I install it on Centos 6.8 64bit.
I install it using yum utility , according instruction on MariaDB site: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/yum/.

yum install MariaDB-server MariaDB-client finished without any problem.

I can use mysql client to connect to databases without any problems.

Then I try to compile some of my applications.
To find out what library to use and where include files are I use mysql_config and mariadb_config.

I wrote Makefile and use -I and -L like this in mysql_config.

gcc compiler finish with error that there is no mariadb library.

What I have missed?
Where is libmariadb located?

as for any other software on rpm-based distributions in the devel packages - i guess "MariaDB-devel" but looking at the terrible camel-case packagename anything is possible :-)