Re: MariaDB and Intel TSX

Am 19.06.2017 um 20:10 schrieb Sergei Golubchik:
Hi, Reindl!

On Jun 19, Reindl Harald wrote:
does MariaDB make usage of TSX on newer hardware or at least using
glibc for the query cache mutex which would implicit benfit form it?

MariaDB does not explicitly use it. But it uses system mutexes, so if
glibc uses that for mutexes, MariaDB will benefit too.

But as far as query cache is concerned, I don't think it'll help much,
it needs more fundamental fixes to scale on modern hardware.

a more or less easy one would be instead a global mutex one per user so that on a mysqld server for hundrets and thousands of webpages they don't have to wait for each others locks

just curious because next year we replace our cluster nodes and put
them in a EVC mode where TSX instrcutions are supported