Re: how to build MariaDB from source

Hi, Reindl!

On Jul 02, Reindl Harald wrote:
> i get tired - "-DPLUGIN_INNODB=YES" leads to failures at configure time
> - each time the same dance when the version changes

Sorry for this. I know, this shouldn't happen. On the other hand, you
use a rather detailed non-standard build configuration, there's a good
chance that you're the only man on the Earth who uses exactly this
combination of flags. So, sometimes you his something that nobody else
sees.

I've fixed altered_table->s->partition_info_str failure  in InnoDB.

> well, when remove that thinking since xtradb is now dead it will be
> default enabled leads finally still to a build-failure with not
> mentioning really where and why - can we please have back "configure &&
> make && make install" with "./configure --help" back for peace of mind

It wouldn't help much. There still can be unused used and untested
buggy combinations of flags that someone could occasionally hit.

> _______________________________
>
> [ 53%] Linking CXX static library libmyisammrg.a
>
> *why* at all when i say "-DPLUGIN_MYISAMMRG=NO" but remove it does still
> make no difference

Because myisammrg plugin is declared MANDATORY in its CMakeLists.txt,
mandatory plugins cannot be disabled.

> _______________________________
>
> cmake . \
>   -DFEATURE_SET="large" \
>   -DCOMPILATION_COMMENT="thelounge"
>
> [ 52%] Built target myisam
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/builduser/rpmbuild/BUILD/mariadb-10.2.6'
> Makefile:162: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> Fehler: Fehler-Status beim Beenden von /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Qwgvnq (%build)

Interesting, so make isn't localized, but rpmbuild is? :)

Anyway, I've just built with exactly your combination of options,
fixed the failure in InnoDB (partition_info_str) and in mysqld.cc
(check_openssl_compatibility).

Now the build succeeds for me.

Regards,
Sergei