Re: MariaDB unable to read the /etc/krb5.keytab

Those errors come from GSSAPI/Kerberos APIs, they are not originated
directly by the server.

You can use  environment variable KRB5_TRACE as described in
https://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-latest/doc/admin/troubleshoot.html to see
more output. Set it before you start up the server.

You can also use strace maybe, or a look for usual suspects (does mysql
user have read access to  keytab, does the keytab exist). You can also use
private keytab if this is more convenient for you.