Re: question about fast path for TRUNCATE TABLE

On Fri, Aug 04, 2017 at 01:41:42PM +0000, Guillaume Lefranc wrote:
> I might be able to try again, though I moved to a different database at
> this point.
> But the phenomenon I observed was very high IO for several hours, and the
> table was still not dropped and recreated.
> if TRUNCATE TABLE just unlinks the data files we shouldn't observe that
> behavior.

I've tried again and I observe the following:

- TRUNCATE TABLE non_partitioned_table works instantly
- TRUNCATE TABLE partitioned_table is slow.

This is in both MariaDB and facebook/mysql-5.6.
I'll collect the details and report a bug.

Guillaume, could it be that you saw TRUNCATE TABLE being slow on a partitioned
table?  (or it was non-partitioned?)

BR
 Sergei
--