MariaDB 10.2 'show engine innodb status' format change for Pending AIO

Hi,

Starting with 10.2, in 'show engine innodb status', the format has changed for pending reads/writes...

The old (pre-5.5) format looked like:
Pending normal aio reads: 0, aio writes: 0,

In 5.5 it switched to:
Pending normal aio reads: 0 [0, 0, 0, 0] , aio writes: 0 [0, 0, 0, 0] ,
(where each value in the brackets corresponds to a read or write thread)

Now in 10.2 it looks like:
Pending normal aio reads: [0, 0, 0, 0] , aio writes: [0, 0, 0, 0] ,

I was never clear on what the values outsides the brackets in 5.5-10.1 represented... assumed it was a total of all threads. We were previously monitoring this value, should we move forward monitoring a sum of all threads? It seems a little odd to remove a useful metric from the status output.

thanks
Jon