Re: Question on building 10.1.26 binary from sources

Am 03.11.2017 um 16:54 schrieb Prasad Rallapalli:
I am trying to build 10.1.26 from mariadb sources and compare the performance with the release binary for the same query on the same database.

cmake using -DBUILD_CONFIG=mysql_release resulted in a  "jemalloc not found" error.  So, I did a cmake without any parameters and the build was successful.

The binary which i built has a performance drop of 20-30% for the queries, compared to that of the released binary, for the same queries.

I compared both the mysqld binaries. The release binary seems to be accessing jemalloc functions and the mysqld binary which i built do not have these functions.

I am building this on Centos 6.8.

Any help or pointers will be appreciated

"jemalloc not found" should be pretty clear

install "jemalloc-devel" or "jemalloc-dev" depending on your OS