Re: MariaDB upgrade 10.1 to 10.2 CentOS7

After the upgrade { 1) stop mariadb service, 2) yum remove and 3) yum
install mariadb-server }, I executed the script mysql_upgrade and I go the
unix_socket not loaded error.

# mysql_upgrade
> Version check failed. Got the following error when calling the 'mysql'
> command line client
> ERROR 1524 (HY000): Plugin 'unix_socket' is not loaded
> FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed

Later, I tried to mysqld-safe --skip-grant-tables and logged into MariaDB,
noticed that root user for localhost contains plugin as unix_socket.