Re: innodb and corrupted tables

> I just noticed this old MySQL bug:
> https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=10132
>
> In the comments (2005 to 2014) everyone seems to agree that current
> behaviour should be treated as a bug.
> The main commenter now works for MariaDB.
> What is currently your opinion?

if it execute

1: highly redundant systems. These places will tend to want an
immediate total failure because their strategy tends to be to replace
or reclone a slave.

ok... it take some time to recover innodb,  but

2: less highly redundant or shared hosting. These places will tend to
want to continue limited service to the maximum extent possible.

is more interesting, we don't need to stop database, just stop table
space/table and return an error at engine level

> Will this behaviour change at some point? If so, what will be the
> consequences for Galera?

no idea, but it's a critical issue