Re: MariaDB won't start after updating Fedora 26 to Fedora 27

Thanks Reindl.

I want to do it the way Fedora should be doing by default as there are a few servers, and I don't want to deviate from being able to update them all just using "dnf ..." in future - it's worked fine that way for years.
Actually I have one still on F26, and just bounced it to see that the dir in question is recreated OK. So, if tmpfiles.d is the way it's being done, what would I look for on *that* system to see why it broke on F27 please? I'm not a db guy at all, I just need to get the db up each boot without manual intervention, or worse a custom dir creation script which may break in the future.
    On Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 09:24:36 GMT, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 21.11.2017 um 09:13 schrieb Bill Damage:
> After checking the logs I see mysqld: Can't create/write to file
> '/var/run/mariadb/mariadb.pid' (Errcode: 2 "No such file or directory")
> If I manually create this dir I can then start it ... until the next
> reboot. What is the correct fix to ensure its works as it did before the
> update please?

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/tmpfiles.d.html or make
a proper unit because the pid-file is not needed at all as well as
mysqld_safe

[root@srv-rhsoft:~]$ systemctl status mysqld
? mysqld.service - MariaDB Database
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mysqld.service; enabled;
vendor preset: disabled)
    Active: active (running) since Sat 2017-11-18 01:36:22 CET; 3 days ago
  Main PID: 912 (mysqld)
    Tasks: 51 (limit: 2048)
    CGroup: /system.slice/mysqld.service
            ??912 /usr/libexec/mysqld --defaults-file=/etc/my.cnf
--pid-file=/dev/null