Re: Parallel Databases and network security

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 08:55:44PM +0100, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
> Hi, Ruben!
>
> On Jan 12, Ruben Safir wrote:
> > Is there a way to hot copy a database from one machine to another and
> > restrict network access to only between those two machines without using
> > a firewall?
>
> Hot copy? mariabackup, for example.

I think I want a hot copy.  For years I've run my custom mailing list
set up on mysql on the local box with apache.  I migrated resently to a
new box and new OS (artix with openrc).  I wrote the new init scripts
but I decided to seperate the mailing list, and the database from the
webserver.  And I closed down IP coonections, just because I got sick
of the port being hammered.

Now, I had two choices, to change the software to talk across the
open local area network, and move the database to the webserver...
or hot copy, which I know maria has been able to do for a while, but I
never implimented it.  But i want to do this and restrict connections to
the internal network.  It is easy enough to justblock the external ports
but I would rather do this through the database.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com