Re: ALTER TABLE ENIGNE=InnoDB performance

Hi Marko,

Thanks for the update.

It's not that we're looking specifically for the "ALTER TABLE t DISCARD PARTITION ALL TABLESPACE", we're just looking for a way to setup the initial copy of the database for the replication slave.

Some of the tables in our database are large (billions of rows), so transportable InnoDB files seems to be the only practical solution for creating the initial copy for the replication. However, as we use range partitioning (our large tables are time series data), I can't see any way to do this.

Regards,

Conor