Re: Replication New to Old

Mike,

> Hello,
>
> I realize that in general replication from a newer master to an older
> slave is typically not recommended.  This said, does anyone have an
> experience replicating from MariaDB 10.2 to MySQL 5.6?

A problem that is evident at once is 10.2 GTID events can not be handled
by 5.6. So at least some filtering should be devised.
To that part, maybe

 mysqlbinlog --read-from-remote-server=10.2-"master" | filter | mysql-client-to 5.6-"slave"

could be practical?

> The compatibility matrix found here:
> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/mariadb-vs-mysql-compatibility/
> Seems to be missing data on this type of setup.

True. Cross-vendor replication check is very involving.

> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Cheers,

Andrei