Re: Installing MariaDB Alongside MySQL

Am 06.05.2018 um 22:53 schrieb Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi:
> I use /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service as mentioned before but I
> struggle with a new problem and I spent a whole day trying to fix it but
> I failed :(
>
> I always get this error message through journalctl -xe although my.cnf
> already exists and has a prober permissions!
>
>> May 06 23:26:41 domain.com mysqld[26621]: Could not open required
>> defaults file: /opt/mariadb-data/my.cnf
> How to to fix this issue?
>
>   * /opt/mariadb-data/my.cnf
>
> https://gist.github.com/mbnoimi/b9daceca0e0e21da86b048b9883c5edf
>
>   * /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service
>
> https://gist.github.com/mbnoimi/5920301ff79dcb88aab3ef7fa459733e
>
>   * I use this steps for installing MariaDB

log-error=/opt/mariadb-data/mariadb.err

* have you ever considered to look at that file?
* what are the permissions for /opt
* what are the permissions for /opt/mariadb-data

Linux is not windows - if a parent folder don't have the correct
permissions no access to files below - as you start (correctly) with the
restricted user that's important

what does "stat /opt", "stat /opt/mariadb-data" and "stat
/opt/mariadb-data/my.cnf" say?