Re: Installing MariaDB Alongside MySQL

Am 15.05.2018 um 12:22 schrieb Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi:
> On 05/15/2018 01:12 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> so it works and " error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
>> (using password: YES)'" is what it is
>>
>> are you aware that 'root' on unix-socket (localhost) is not the same
>> than 'root' over TCP (127.0.0.1) beause you have a host column?
>>
>> also make sure you did run 'mysql_upgrade' and if nothing else helps
>> google for "mysql skip grant" but be aware that this allows *any* user
>> with *any* password until removed from the config, but so you can bypass
>> logins and fix things properly
> Worked but still important issue with systemctl. I wonder what's wrong
> with mariadb.service
> https://gist.github.com/mbnoimi/5920301ff79dcb88aab3ef7fa459733e

can you please stop posting links left and right?

* that's all plaintext
* post it deirectly
* look in the errorlog
* post systemctl outputs (also for systemctl status)

*what is that issue*

likely your unit is missing the [Install]-section at the bottom which is
the reason you can't enable it - sorry but i hate it to guess

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
_________________________

i simply stripped down the unit to the relevant parts for get rid of
mysqld_safe because i don't think that you understand most implications
of the full unit i use and don't want a endless thread
_________________________

[root@buildserver:~]$ cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/mysqld.service
[Unit]
Description=MariaDB Database
Before=postfix.service dovecot.service dbmail-imapd.service
dbmail-lmtpd.service dbmail-pop3d.service dbmail-timsieved.service

[Service]
Type=notify
KillMode=process
KillSignal=SIGTERM
SendSIGKILL=no

User=mysql
Group=mysql

ExecStart=/usr/libexec/mysqld --defaults-file=/etc/my.cnf
--pid-file=/dev/null
Environment="LANG=en_GB.UTF-8"
Restart=always
RestartSec=1
TimeoutSec=300
LimitNOFILE=infinity
LimitMEMLOCK=infinity
OOMScoreAdjust=-1000
TasksMax=2048

AmbientCapabilities=CAP_IPC_LOCK CAP_SYS_NICE
CapabilityBoundingSet=CAP_IPC_LOCK CAP_SYS_NICE
MemoryDenyWriteExecute=yes
NoNewPrivileges=yes
PrivateDevices=yes
PrivateTmp=yes
ProtectControlGroups=yes
ProtectKernelModules=yes
ProtectKernelTunables=yes
RestrictAddressFamilies=AF_UNIX AF_LOCAL AF_INET AF_INET6
SystemCallArchitectures=x86-64
SystemCallFilter=~@clock @cpu-emulation @debug @keyring @module @mount
@obsolete @raw-io @reboot @swap acct modify_ldt add_key adjtimex
clock_adjtime delete_module fanotify_init finit_module get_mempolicy
init_module kcmp kexec_load keyctl lookup_dcookie mbind mount
open_by_handle_at perf_event_open pivot_root process_vm_readv
process_vm_writev ptrace request_key set_mempolicy swapoff swapon
umount2 uselib vmsplice

ReadOnlyDirectories=/etc
ReadOnlyDirectories=/usr
ReadOnlyDirectories=/var/lib
ReadWriteDirectories=/var/lib/mysql

InaccessibleDirectories=-/boot
InaccessibleDirectories=-/home
InaccessibleDirectories=-/root
InaccessibleDirectories=-/media
InaccessibleDirectories=-/etc/httpd
InaccessibleDirectories=-/etc/postfix
InaccessibleDirectories=-/etc/ssh
InaccessibleDirectories=-/usr/local/scripts
InaccessibleDirectories=-/var/lib/dbus
InaccessibleDirectories=-/var/lib/dnf
InaccessibleDirectories=-/var/lib/rpm
InaccessibleDirectories=-/var/lib/systemd
InaccessibleDirectories=-/var/spool
InaccessibleDirectories=-/run/dbus
InaccessibleDirectories=-/run/lock
InaccessibleDirectories=-/run/mount
InaccessibleDirectories=-/run/systemd/generator
InaccessibleDirectories=-/run/systemd/system
InaccessibleDirectories=-/run/systemd/users
InaccessibleDirectories=-/run/udev
InaccessibleDirectories=-/run/user

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target