Re: Installing MariaDB Alongside MySQL

and BTW the "--pid-file=/dev/null" has a damned good reason because you
don't need to care about subfolders below /run to get re-created with
corerct permissions at reboot while a restriucted user can't create
folders and files there and run is tmpfs aka memory

since mariadb is a single-process multi-threadded service and systemd
can watch it perfectly without handholing no pid-file stuff is needed at all