MariaDB Compile Size

Hello,

Has anyone got any idea how to reduce the MariaDB install size, when compiling from source? I've had multiple attempts, all with different options such as 'WITHOUT_EXAMPLE_STORAGE_ENGINE=1' and 'FEATURE_SET:STRING=large', for example, but with no effect. The installation size is usually around 2.1 GB, whereas the official Arch package, which also compiles from source, is about 231.78 MB.

The official Arch build script is here [https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/mariadb], and the only difference I can notice is that they delete a lot of stuff afterwards. Is there any reference for stuff that can be deleted after MariaDB has been installed?

Thanks.

Follow ups