gtid_slave_pos row count

Hi,
before considering this as a bug wanted to ask in mailing list:

I know that gtid_slave_pos table can have multiple entries, but (at least on 10.3.9 but maybe also earlier (just noticed now)) while running:

slave_parallel_threads = 20
slave_parallel_mode = optimistic

the table starts to grow continuously:

MariaDB [mysql]> select count(*) from gtid_slave_pos;
+----------+
| count(*) |
|  5577268 |
1 row in set (1.553 sec)

If I switch back to conservative mode it never goes above 2-3 rows even with the same 20 threads.

Same happens also with gtid_pos_auto_engines - when in conservative each engine table has several records, once I switch to optimistic the gtid tables just grow.

Is there something wrong with the purger?
(something similar like in https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-12147  ? )

rr

Follow ups