Re: aws key management plugin

Hi, Paul!

On Oct 19, Paul Chubb wrote:
> Hi,
>       on the repo there only seems to be copies of this for Ubuntu yacketty
> (16.10) and Ubuntu zesty (17.04). Both of these are end of life. Is there
> supposed to be support for Bionic (18.04)?

Yes. It's a bug, should be fixed in the next release.
Reported as https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-17496

> Secondly, they are tagged with the mariadb version number. Are they
> supposed to work across versions because not every version of Mariadb is
> represented?

This depends on the plugin type. Key management plugins are supposed to
work across versions, but, for example, storage engines aren't.

> Thirdly is there any reason I can't pull the code from Gidhub and
> compile it myself?

You totally can.

To build debian packages, clone the repository (or download the source
tarball) and run debian/autobake-deb.sh. But because of the bug, you'll
need to change that script to force aws plugin to be built (like, remove
the if around it).

Or you can build by calling cmake and make, that'll work too, of course.

Regards,
Sergei
Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx