Re: install plugin “if not installed”?

Hi, Felipe!

On Mar 29, Felipe Gasper wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any way to install a plugin via SQL but to trap the error
> that comes up if the plugin is already installed?
>
> I’d like to do it without creating a “throwaway” procedure, if that’s
> possible.

Yes. There's more than one way to do it:

* INSTALL PLUGIN IF NOT EXISTS is available since 10.4.0

* INSTALL SONAME doesn't error out if the plugin is installed

* compound statements offer a generic way to avoid a throwaway procedure:

  BEGIN NOT ATOMIC
    DECLARE EXIT HANDLER FOR 1968 DO 1
    INSTALL PLUGIN ...
  END

or

  IF NOT EXISTS(SELECT 1 FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.PLUGINS WHERE PLUGIN_NAME='...') THEN
     INSTALL PLUGIN ...;
  END IF

Regards,
Sergei