Re: required mysql_upgrade; MDEV-14637

Am 03.04.19 um 09:54 schrieb mj:
> On 3/28/19 11:59 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> our production datadirs date back to 2002, originally on windows then
>> moved to MacOS and in 2008 to Fedora and i did not dump/restore a single
>> time in my whole life, this is not postgresql
>
> Just curiosity: does the above statement mean that you consider
> postgresql less stable than mariadb/mysql? And why..?

beasue any application which can't read it's data after upgrade to a new
version is f**g crap and pretty unusable when using as example
distro-packages - when you forgot the dump with the old version your are
fucked

additionally that means you have downtimes nobody needs, a dist-upgrade
here is a "dnf --releasever=xx distro-sync" for 11 years now followed by
a reboot like for any kernel update with no downtimes

again: my "mysql" database dates back to version 3.x, that's what i
consider production quality