Connector/C Bulk Select With Embedded Server

Hello All,

I am working on a project where I am using an embedded MariaDB server to
issue select queries. I'm currently looking for the most efficient way to
get the result set from a query using the C Connector with the embedded
server. Ideally I'd like to do a bulk column wise fetch of the results. I
have seen the example [1] for bulk column wise prepared statements but this
appears only to be for insert/update/delete operations and not
select/mysql_stmt_bind_results. The column wise insert format is almost
exactly what I was hoping for, just need it for selects. I glanced at the
code path for bulk operations and it doesn't look to cover selects. I also
tested setting the STMT_ATTR_ARRAY_SIZE to no effect.

Is there an efficient way to get the results sets in columnar format or is
fetching each row one at a time the best method?

Thank you,

Seth

[1] https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/bulk-insert-column-wise-binding/