Re: 10.3.x: unknown variable 'innodb_support_xa=1'

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 5:43 PM Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> unknown variable 'innodb_support_xa=1'
>
> would you funny guys consider things like deperectaion warnings in
> previous releases

A deprecation warning was added in the MariaDB Server 10.2.2, well
before it was Generally Available.
That said, maybe there is a nontrivial amount of users who skipped the
10.2 release and upgraded straight from 10.1 to 10.3.

> or at least offer an option to change all these
> fucking "i don't know a option because it was removed or you did not
> compile something in and hence i refuse to start the server" to warnings?

That we do if you specify the loose_ prefix to the options.

With best regards,

Marko Mäkelä
Lead Developer InnoDB
MariaDB Corporation