Re: 10.3.x: unknown variable 'innodb_support_xa=1'

Hi, Reindl!

On Sep 02, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 02.09.19 um 17:09 schrieb Marko Mäkelä:
> > On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 5:43 PM Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> unknown variable 'innodb_support_xa=1'
> >>
> >> would you funny guys consider things like deperectaion warnings in
> >> previous releases
> >
> > A deprecation warning was added in the MariaDB Server 10.2.2, well
> > before it was Generally Available.
> > That said, maybe there is a nontrivial amount of users who skipped the
> > 10.2 release and upgraded straight from 10.1 to 10.3.
>
> come on and show me!

Here, warnings as added in 10.2.2:

https://github.com/MariaDB/server/blob/mariadb-10.2.2/storage/innobase/handler/ha_innodb.cc#L874

But you're still right, you did not see them.

The warning (if I read the sources correctly), was issued when
innodb_support_xa was changed run-time or when MariaDB was started with
innodb_support_xa=0. For the initial innodb_support_xa=1 there was no
warning (because 1 was the default value for innodb_support_xa).

Regards,
Sergei
VP of MariaDB Server Engineering
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx