Re: database corrupted when switching from MySQL to MariaDB on Ubuntu 19.04

Hello there, Bapt.

> Hello,
>
> On Ubuntu 19.04, which uses packages mariadb-server 10.3.17 and
> mysql-server 5.7.27, I noticed that if I wanted to switch from MySQL to
> MariaDB, the database is corrupted and there is a complete data loss
> even if I switch back to MySQL.

 > I noticed that if I wanted to switch from MySQL to
 > MariaDB, the database is corrupted

The following text does not refer to any specific error at MySQL -> MariaDB
mirgration. While it's of interest on its own, it also can bring in few
details to what went wrong at the restoring attempt.

Cheers,

Andrei