How to give user permission to create a trigger?

Hello,

we have a MariaDB 10.1 installation used for our shared hosting with a
Master/Slave Replication to another MariaDB 10.1.
One of our customers has a CMS that needs to create a trigger during
installation and errors out about missing permission to create the trigger.
I've 'googled' around and found only that granting 'SUPER' privileges
does resolve this, but we can't give the customer so far reaching
privileges. He is not the only using this server.
Tried to do a 'grant trigger ....' for this user, the command returns
without error, but the grant trigger does not show up in 'show
grants....'. Probably because he as already 'all privileges' granted?

Is there a way to resolve this?

Kind Regards,
Thomas

Follow ups