Re: Nosql language with plugins

MariaDB doesn't have rewrite plugins.

What you want could still not be done with a preparse plugin in MySQL
because there is no way to speak an arbitrary protocol.  You could have a
client that speaks the MySQL protocol but sends non-sql text commands that
have some 1:1 match with SQL, for example MDX.

For MySQL 8 I have developed an alternative rewrite plugin interface that
can execute any number of SQL statements serially on the THD of the client
connection, or an arbitrary THD.  It would be possible to port to MariaDB
but as MariaDB has deleted the KB entries related to my tools, I highly
doubt they would upstream it, and I would expect some form of
compensation/sponsorship from you if you wanted me to do it.  In any case
the plugin would still not speak arbitrary binary protocols.

MySQL 8 supports the X protocol for document access.  It would probably be
possible to create an X protocol proxy that speaks arbitrary protocols but
that would be a big project that probably not many people would be
interested in.