Problems copy database files

Hi,

I am having problems copying database files.

I am using MariaDB 10.4.12 on Windows server 2019. And all the tables use the Aria engine

A simple set of operations that reproduces the problem is...

Add some data to a table
FLUSH TABLE "table" FOR EXPORT
Copy the .FRM, .MAI, .MAD files for the table to a backup folder.
UNLOCK TABLES
switch to the database in the backup folder and check the contents of the copied table. I doesn't contain the data just added. So it looks like the data is not being flushed to disk. The documentation suggests this should work, so are there some settings I need to change to make sure the data is flushed before I do the file copies.

Thanks for any help

Andy Ling

Follow ups