Re: Poor performance compared to MySQL

yeap, i'm just trying to help to reproduce the problem

i'm talking about the regression problem of speed between the same engine
but different versions

compare a innodb vs myisam will give more performance sometimes, but
sometimes not, the same to myisam/aria

aria can sometimes be faster at recovery time, but the most operations are
slower cause it have more internal processing, page cache and other things
but when comparing the fixed/dynamic between both engines, it should be
very near
the critical point IMHO is the regression problem, a old version being
faster than a newer with same engine configurations
maybe it could be reported as a bug at jira issue tracking (maybe with
anonymous data to help dev team to reproduce and find the problem) here:
https://jira.mariadb.org/