Re: Missing table rows when importing a MySQL 5.7.8 database into MariaDB 10.4.8 database

Hi!
Hi!

Wed, 12 Aug 2020, 06:26 Elliot Holden, <elliot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> New to the list, so maybe an expert has the easy answer to this one...
>
> When I use mysqldump to backup a MySQL 5.7.8 database then import that
> database into a MariaDB 10.4.8 database, at least one (maybe more) of the
> imported tables is missing rows. This a WordPress database and the table in
> question is the *wp_options* table. I'm only getting 29 rows imported
> when there should be over 600 (in the original MySQL database).

I am not aware of any bug where one would lose data when importing  data
from mysqldump (except if client character sets are different, which isn't
in this case).  Database character set shouldn't have an effect as the
CREATE TABLE in the mysqldump output should specify the character sets for
all columns for the used tables.  You can of course try to change the
character set of the database and see if it helps.

If there would be any problems,  you should get warnings/errors when trying
to execute mysql < backup.sql.

Any chance you could upload the dataset to our ftp server so that I can try
to debug this?
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/meta/mariadb-ftp-server/
I would like to have it even if changing the character set for the database
would fix the problem, as I want to know why you didn't get a proper error
message for the failure.

If you send me an email when you have uploaded the data I will take a look
at it and report my findings.

Regards,
Monty