Re: MEMORY tables and binlog

Am 07.04.21 um 14:51 schrieb Antony Stone:
On Wednesday 07 April 2021 at 14:48:55, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 07.04.21 um 14:46 schrieb Dajka Tamás:
Hi All,

I’m facing a weird error. We’re migrating our old 10.1 multi-master
setup to a new 10.3 cluster (everything is running on Debian).
New-node01 is connected as a slave to the old cluster’s master.

When I tried to set up the replication between the 2 new nodes (with
data files copy), the slave thread stopped nearly immediatelly stating,
that the command is invalid – containing illegal characters. After some
investigation, it turned out, that binlog on the master (new-node01) is
– let’s say – corrupted. After a few iterations/checking I saw, that the
error always happens with some MEMORY tables (I know I can exclude them
from the replica, but want to understand the issue first)

wow - 10 years after stop using memory tables at all because again and
again broken replication they are still a problem?

Does that explain illegal characters such as

DELETE FROM `mydb1`.`collect_output`e<FB>#<98>

nope - in our case it was random "record don't exist" errors when replicate a delete-statement

i finally had enough and converted them all to MyISAM for the sake of sanity