Incorrectly formatted XML files in mariadb-server sources

Hi,

Fedora's rpminspect tool reports [1] some incorrectly formatted XMLs (most
of them used for testsuite) within mariadb source files,
namely they are:

mysql-test/plugin/sphinx/sphinx/testdata.xml
    - undefined namespace
mysql-test/std_data/loadxml.dat
    - different parser errors, seems to me like it is ill formed on purpose
of the test
mysql-test/plugin/connect/connect/std_data/nocs.xml
   - not proper utf-8 encoding
mysql-test/std_data/loaddata/mdev9874.xml
   - not proper utf-8 encoding
sql/share/mariadb/charsets/Index.xml
    - redefined attribute
mysql-test/std_data/ldml/Index.xml
    - redefined attribute

It does not seem (to me) that the ill-formatting breaks anything, and that
in some cases it is desired.
Specifically the loadxml.dat XML, where the test case counts with the form
as it is, and Index.xml files,
where modification to the XML format could change the meaning of the file.

In other cases, it seems (to me) that the correction of the XMLs to a valid
format could be possible.
These are specifically the XMLs with encoding issues, where it should be
sufficient to specify a used charset (ISO-8859-1 in both cases).
This is also the case with the undefined namespace in testdata.xml, whose
definition should be also possible.

Would the correct approach to this issue be to suppress the rpminspect
warnings,
or should the specified XML files be modified to a valid XML form?

Thanks for your opinions in advance.

[1]
https://osci-jenkins-1.ci.fedoraproject.org/job/fedora-ci/job/rpminspect-pipeline/job/master/40741/testReport/(root)/tests/_xml/

Zuzana Miklánková