Re: Galera: jump through major versions at once

William,

Recently a lot of testing was done on this
(https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-27437).

>From reading https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-28247 an upgrade to
10.3.35 might be required first (or an explicit disable of background
merge - if possible).

So sst=rsync is required with innodb_use_native_aio=0.

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/introduction-to-state-snapshot-transfers-ssts/#rsync-rsync_wan

There's a task to upgrade the documentation, but I agree there are a
few gaps at the moment.

https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-28483

The reddit user
https://www.reddit.com/r/mariadb/comments/us7wbs/joining_node_to_galera_cluster_failed/