Re: Major upgrade instructions missing for Galera

Hi William,

Agreed that the Galera cluster upgrade documentation really ought to
be documented. Perhaps it should just be incorporated into the regular
MariaDB server upgrade documentation, but it needs to be *somewhere*
in the KB.

In the meantime, you might find the FromDual instructions useful:
https://fromdual.com/upgrading-from-mariadb-10.4-to-mariadb-10.5-galera-cluster

The only surprise I remember from doing this upgrade myself was that
on RHEL (and presumably derivative distros) the galera package was
renamed from "galera" to "galera-4".

And obviously watch out for deprecated / removed system variables, but
those should be documented in the regular upgrade documentation.

HTH,
Karl