Re: Repos empty?

Vicențiu Ciorbaru schreef op 2021-11-11 22:55:
Alright, now that I have a fix in place, let me explain what's going
on.

There have been some issues with syncing MariaDB packages to mirrors
due to a bottleneck with our main mirror. This has caused many mirrors
to not be fully synced as quickly as it usually happens.

The downloads website checks for the presence of the "repo" or "yum"
folder in the mirrors filelist, before it suggests a mirror. The
problem is that mirrors now do have those folders but are missing the
actual files. I've updated our website to suggest only mirrors that
have some files, but the heuristic it uses is not perfect. There may
still be missing packages in the mirrors suggested.

This whole problem will go away on its own in a few days as mirrors
pick up all the files. For now I hope the fix will make it such that
the download page suggests mostly fully synced mirrors. We'll work on
a fix so we are less likely to hit this problem with future releases.

Sorry for problematic download experience and thank you for the timely
problem reports.

Could this be happening again?

At the moment, no packages are available from the DigitalOcean mirror (http://mirrors.digitalocean.com/mariadb/). The NLUUG mirror times out (e.g. at https://ftp.nluug.nl/db/mariadb/repo/10.6/debian/pool/main/m/).

Other mirrors on https://downloads.mariadb.org/ do contain packages, including those for the MariaDB versions released today, but their modification date is 2022-08-11, while the release date for e.g. 10.6.9 is 2022-08-15 (today).

Vicențiu

On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 at 17:09, Vicențiu Ciorbaru <cvicentiu@xxxxxxxxx>