"Rewind" type of mechanisms?

Hi!
I would like to know about following topic regarding MariaDB.We would like to run DB cluster with HA (high availability). -- E.g. with MaxScale.
My Q:Does MariaDB support such mechanism which would be similar to pg_rewind? Reference: PostgreSQL supports such a rewind operation.Or, are there plans to support such regarding MariaDB? ( If such would be needed / useful. )
Rewind: "A typical scenario is to bring an old primary server back online after failover as a standby that follows the new primary."
Target: robustness/stability of a DB cluster. Avoiding needs to manually fix DB cluster.
Best Regards
Sam

Follow ups