Re: Maria-db refuses to start

Op 13-10-2022 om 14:34 schreef Reindl Harald:

Am 13.10.22 um 14:16 schrieb Jogchum Reitsma:
Op 13-10-2022 om 01:46 schreef Daniel Black:
In systemd ProtectHome=read-only is the default.

systemctl edit mariadb.service and add:
[Service]
ProtectHome=false

When I read /usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service it contains

# Prevent accessing /home, /root and /run/user
ProtectHome=true

I know hardly anything about systemd, so not user waht I should do here?
in the open "/etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d/override.conf" add what was told above

[Service]
ProtectHome=false
I did that, and now the database starts with de db location set to the new one.

But when I change it in /etc/my.cnf to the original (after making a copy of that location), tha server crashes again, with the same error messages.

Maybe I should copy the databases in the original location to the new one, but probably not all of them? Just of my own databases?

regards, Jogchum