Re: Maria-db refuses to start

Op 07-12-2022 om 12:15 schreef Reindl Harald:

Am 07.12.22 um 10:27 schrieb Jogchum Reitsma:
Sorry, my bad: of course I should have started mysqld, not mysql.....

besides that you should notice when you try to start a non-existing service what is really bad: you randomly mix "mysqld", "mysql" and "mariadb" as service name in your posts

in the worst case they are really existing but doing different things

Starting 10.7.7 works, and indeed recreates ib_logfile0. All my databases are there, no corruption AFAICS.

Shut it down with kill -15, and the logfile reports a normal shutdown

you shouldn't use "kill" at all fro shutdown when you start something as systemd-unit