Re: Code of Conduct

On Wednesday 21 December 2022 at 18:54:06, Ruben Safir wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 05:52:53PM +0200, Ian Gilfillan wrote:
> > In the light of recent events, we're implementing a Code of Conduct.
> > Details at https://mariadb.org/going-for-a-code-of-conduct/ -
> > comments are welcome!
>
> Codes of conducts are facist and I will not comply with any code of
> conduct.

Hopefully you may find that the Code aligns with your natural tendencies anyway
and therefore you feel no inclination to go against it, whether you feel this
to be "complying" or not.

Personally I have no idea what "recent events" have led to a Code being drawn
up, however having read the text linked to above, I would be somewhat bothered
about anyone who found it objectionable.

> I have a rabbi and will not take on a second one.

Maybe it's because I do not have one, but I have no idea what this statement
means.

Antony.

--
You can spend the whole of your life trying to be popular,
but at the end of the day the size of the crowd at your funeral

 - Frank Skinner

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.