Re: Re-starting mariadb again

Op 03-01-2023 om 15:12 schreef Jogchum Reitsma:
Hi,

12th of October I started  the topic" Maria-db refuses to start". With the help offered in the conversation following I  could access my data by manually starting an older version of Mariadb.

I then dumped my  tables with mysqldump, one by one, successfully.
I also dumped the mysql table.

Final advice was to purge all reminiscences of the older versions, and make a fresh start by installing the version of my OS (OpenSuse Tumbleweed).

In that new environment, import the dumped data.

A few questions remain:

- should I, after the install process of the OS version (at the moment 10.10.2-1.1) take further actions to get a fully functioning system?
- should I import the dumped "mysql" table?
- if yes, should I do that before or after importing the user data? Or doesn't that matter?

Again, thanks for your answers!

kind regards, Jogchum