Re: Privilege Question

Scott Canaan <srcdco@xxxxxxx> writes:

>   Thank you. I found SUPER, but was trying to avoid using it as it
> gives too many privileges. I was looking for something more
> fine-grained.

Maybe you can define a stored procedure with SQL SECURITY DEFINER (and a
DEFINER with the SUPER priviledge) that sets the desired syslog global
system variables. Then you can grant the ITS_READ account access to the
stored procedure, which will give access only to set the syslog
configuration.

Hope this helps,

 - Kristian.