Re: Restore from mysqldump fails with "Error in foreign key constraint"

On Sat, Jun 3, 2023 at 11:07 AM mark f edwards <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How is providers in the  `xu6gc_tj_notification_providers' table defined?
>
> Is it also varchar(100) character sat uft8mbr collate utf8mb4-general-ci
> ??
>
> The parent and child columns has to match exactly.

I believe this is what you're asking for?

 12798  CREATE TABLE `xu6gc_tj_notification_providers` (
 12799    `provider` varchar(100) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE
utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
 12800    `state` int(1) NOT NULL,
 12801    PRIMARY KEY (`provider`)
 12802  ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_general_ci;

How could the backup succeed (implying the data/schema was created
successfully in the first place), but then the restore fails because of
that same schema apparently being created incorrectly?

Is this a bug that should be reported to Joomla? If so, how do I describe
it so they will understand?

I don't even really need this table for my testing, so I'll probably just
delete it, but it concerns me that I can perform a backup that can't be
restored.