maria-docs team mailing list archive

Please use "syntax, example, text, standards conformity" as format for reference manual type of pages

Hi Daniel

I was reading
http://kb.askmonty.org/v/virtual-columns

...compare the ordering of the storyline to
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/create-table.html

The one from MySQL manual works great for me:
syntax first (this is what I most commonly need)
basic example(s) second (usually need this too for complex syntax)
more indepth text, exceptions, etc... come third

Also, I propose we adopt the practice from the PostgreSQL manual of
always including last a section on which standards the feature
conforms to (or if it is MySQL specific, or MariaDB specific feature,
state that).

Just some tips from an avid reader!
henrik

--