maria-docs team mailing list archive

Re: MariaDB Binary Log File Corruption

Hi Daniel

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Daniel Bartholomew
<dbart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I came across this question in the Knowledgebase:
>
> http://kb.askmonty.org/v/binary-log-file-corruption-happens-each-day
>
> The poster was able to solve the problem by increasing the slave
> max_allowed_packet size from 32M to 256M.
>
> Any thoughts from the list about this?

I remember this is one of the cases covered in the newest Percona white paper:
http://www.percona.com/files/white-papers/preventing-mysql-emergencies.pdf

I think the solution was basically what you say above too. I've never
personally encountered this.

(It's an excellent white paper btw, one of the best ever I've read.)

henrik
--
henrik.ingo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
+358-40-5697354 skype: henrik.ingo irc: hingo

My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9522559