maria-docs team mailing list archive

Re: MariaDB 5.2.6 release preparations

Daniel Bartholomew <dbart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Please take a look at the Release Notes and Changelog pages and let me
> know if anything is missing or needs to be changed.

> https://kb.askmonty.org/v/mariadb-526-release-notes

"For MariaDB 5.2.6 we have merged in all of the changes from the MariaDB 5.1
source tree including all of the upstream changes from MySQL 5.1.57/58. The
MySQL 5.1.57 and 5.1.58 release notes have details of what changes were made
upstream by MySQL."

Unfortunately, this is not what was done :-(

Instead, we have some part of MySQL 5.1.57 (but not everything), and some part
of .58.

The precise point at which we merged is the bzr revision

    revid:nirbhay.choubey@xxxxxxxxxx-20110427115410-vpeshiv6u5snkvzi

The only real way of getting the list of exactly what MySQL changes are
included in the merge is to compare the history for this revision using bzr.

Not the way I would have prefered to do things, but that is how it was done.

> https://kb.askmonty.org/v/mariadb-526-changelog

Otherwise things look fine, as far as I can tell.

Thanks!

 - Kristian.