maria-docs team mailing list archive

Re: R: sql_quote_show and SHOW CREATE PROCEDURE etc

Yes, that would be best - I'll add this in, with a link to the bug report. If a more complete bug report is filed, or the behaviour is tested more thoroughly, we can change the link or describe it more completely then.

On 22/08/2013 19:16, Federico Razzoli wrote:
Maybe we could write in the KB that the name quoting is not reliable for SHOW CREATE PROCEDURE, FUNCTION, TRIGGER statements?

Federico

Gio 22/8/13, Ian Gilfillan <launchpad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

  Oggetto: [Maria-docs] sql_quote_show and SHOW CREATE PROCEDURE etc
  A: maria-docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Data: Giovedì 22 agosto 2013, 09:15
The SHOW CREATE PROCEDURE, SHOW
  CREATE FUNCTION and SHOW CREATE TRIGGER articles were
  documented with the change:
The output of these statements is not affected by the
  sql_quote_show_create server system variable.
  (see for example https://kb.askmonty.org/en/show-create-procedure/revision/18704/18357/)
I've reverted this, as this is not strictly-speaking true.
  The output is unreliably affected by the variable. In my
  testing, the output of ALL procedures was quoted when the
  MOST RECENT procedure was created with sql_quote_show=1, and
  the output of all was unquoted when the most recent
  procedure was created with sql_quote_show=0.
A related bug is:
  http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=12719
  but that bug report doesn't fully explain the (current)
  situation. The bug was also noted as "can't fix" in the
  comments.
I didn't want to document the above without further testing
  (will the quoted status of functions being created affect
  procedures? Triggers? Events?), so just reverted for now,
  but it's worth further investigating.
  Post to     : maria-docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx